We were hired last week to create a door opening from the garage to the side of a newly constructed house. This had not been included as an option with the builder – see photo’s below.
This project included:
- removal of drywall at new opening
- sawcut and removal of a 3’wide section of the concrete kneewall to make it flush with the existing garage floor
- frame new opening
- running electrical for exterior light and switch
- install a new 6 panel fiberglass door and hardware
- drywall patching on interior
- installing & caulking exterior trim to match existing house trim
Things that may be required of similar types of projects that were not required of this one:
- if door was installed on a bearing wall engineered drawings and permits
- installation of a 3’x3′ landing(flagstone, concrete, or wood depending on cost restrictions and existing landscaping)
We also don’t typically do any painting or finish work.